Let’s talk a little more about the fascinating art of weight loss. If you look around, most of the world around you is pretty shallow, right? Everybody is trying to figure out, what is the quickest way for me to lose weight in the shortest amount of time, like it’s some kind of game.
You have Jillian Michaels boasting her athletic prowess on one website. Then there are the Kardashian sisters talking about toning their glutes and legs on this channel as you surf for something to watch. There are so many different weight loss ads, it can make your head spin. So what do you do in a world that is hell bent on making you look like the Kardashians and Michaels and you-fill-in-the-blanks of the world? Discipline yourself!
First of all, in your trek to total body success and results, you must realize these three things:
1. If it took you two years to gain those 30 pounds, what makes you think that any diet outside of liposuction, lap band, and gastric bypass is going to make you lose that weight in a week? You won’t believe some of the extreme things that I have heard when approached with helping people lose weight, particularly those who have a, ahem, deadline to meet (wedding bells, anyone???) The scenario goes a little something like this….”So how much weight are you looking to lose or what size would you like to see yourself in?” “Weeeeelll, I would like to lose ummmm, 15…..30….60 pounds!” “And by when? (this question is for pure amusement, because no one leaves this question unanswered)” “Ummmm, by the end of the month!” Blank stare…
2. Your genetic pool is definitely not the same as anybody else’s! You are one unique entity, so do not gauge your rate of weight loss (or gain for those who seek to gain muscle/weight) with the next person’s. Doing this will only set you up for failure psychologically, and once that begins, your drive to lose weight will either decline, or it will cause you to do some extreme and usually unhealthy or unsafe things to reach that goal.
3. Use common sense. Okay, I will say this one more time. USE COMMON SENSE. If said person decides to clean up their lifestyle and become healthy, however, they decide, “Hey, I think I will have a couple of cheat days”. Then don’t be mad if you did not reach your goal. If you are serious about doing something, then nothing, not even a greasy burger, a mozzarella stick, nor a gallon of sweet tea will stand in your way. Continuing along the lines of common sense, those celebrities that you are fawning over have, guess what? TRAINERS, CHEFS/MEAL PREPARERS, and SURGEONS (helloooo? Duh?), which the average Joe does not. I mean, if we all had a team of these special people, we would all be actors and actresses, now wouldn’t we?
But since we don’t and we do not obviously live in a fair or perfect world, you have to work with what you have. Back to the discipline thing. Reaching any goal in life requires what? Discipline. In order for you to get what you want, including the perfect body for yourself (not for someone else or to please anyone else), then you must buckle down and discipline your mind and body to achieve these results. Realize that changing your lifestyle and habits that you have accustomed yourself to over a period of time will take some getting used to, and it is no overnight thing, so don’t expect overnight results or you will be disappointed. Some of the things that you can do to ensure that you stay on the right track towards becoming healthy and in shape are as follows:
a. Don’t trust yourself to push yourself hard enough to get the results you need. Grab a buddy and make them push you! Workout in doubles or more. And you pay it forward and push them as well.
b. Clean your pantry and refrigerator out! If you are serious and sick and tired of looking or feeling the way you do, because you are not happy with your body image, then take the steps and change it! And this is one of the ways to do so. Throw away the junk!
c. Hold yourself accountable for your actions. Keep a food journal! Many successful people keep some kind of diary, journal, agenda, to-do list available so they can jot things down. A food journal is just like this. I can promise you that if you are aware of what you are eating everyday (because we typically don’t remember this), you can look back and see where you need to make changes at in your food intake. It also helps you keep track of your caloric intake.
d. EAT! You have to eat to lose weight, believe it or not. Follow the old mantra, eat every couple of hours (like, every 3-4) to keep your metabolism up and running so your blood sugar levels don’t fluctuate and cause you to grab the nearest Snicker bar…
e. Keep in mind that you are who you are! Nobody can change that no matter what, so work at your own pace. Whether it takes you 2 years or 20 years to get where you need to be, that is your business and nobody else’s.
If you really want to eat truly healthy, support fat loss goals, protect your body from inflammation and avoid some of the nasty additives in processed food, then never buy pre-made salad dressings.
Here are the reasons why you should eliminate buying typical ‘store-bought salad dressing’…
1. Almost all store-bought salad dressings contain fairly significant amounts of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). Unless you’re in a health food store, it’s almost impossible to find a salad dressing that doesn’t contain large amounts of HFCS.
2. Almost all store-bought salad dressings contain heavily refined soybean oil and/or refined canola oil… both of which are VERY unhealthy. Yes, that’s correct, canola oil IS unhealthy, despite the marketing propaganda you’ve been fed claiming that it’s healthy.
Due to the refining process of both soybean or canola oils, the polyunsaturated component of the oils is oxidized and makes these oils very inflammatory inside your body. Soybean oil also is way too high in Omega-6 fatty acids which throws your Omega-6 to Omega-3 balance out of thump. As we all know most people already consumed fat because of too much Omega-6 oils.
Of course, we are all aware that Olive oil is healthier, but with all the store-bought dressing or even salad dressings that claim to be “made with olive oil” on its label are ‘deceptive’. If you read the ingredients on the back label, they are almost made of mostly refined soybean oil or canola oil as the main oil, with only a very small amount of an actual olive oil as a secondary oil.
As a gift, here’s one Super-Healthy Salad Dressing Recipe that you can quickly make…
‘Geary’s Healthy-Fat Blend Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing’
Easy right? Fill your container with this homemade, delicious and healthy salad dressing! You’ll do your body a favor by avoiding the harmful additives in ‘store-bought’ salad dressings.
Blending the extra virgin oil with the Udo’s choice Oil make up for what two lacks. Extra virgin oil although is super healthy and contains many important antioxidants is mostly monounsaturated, and is low in the essential fatty acids (EFAs) which the Udo’s Choice Oil has, including higher unrefined polyunsaturated oils with a good healthy balance of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids.
There are several variations of the Udo’s Choice Oil, and one of them (labeled DHA 3-6-9 Blend) even contains a DHA algae oil blended into the mix along with organic flax oil, coconut oil, evening primrose oil, rice bran oil, oat germ and bran oil, and a few others.
Overall, blending Udo’s Oil with extra virgin olive oil makes nearly a perfect oil blend for salad dressings with a great taste and maximum health benefits. If you can’t find Udo’s Choice Oil Blends (you can find Udo’s at almost any health food store), there are other EFA oil blends on the market…just make sure that they are COLD-processed to protect the EFAs. You should never heat an EFA oil blend.
Another option instead of Udo’s oil is to simply blend Olive oil (EVOO) with macadamia nut oil and/or avocado oil. Both oils have great health benefits!
Keep in mind though….
Even though you just discovered a super-healthy salad dressing alternative, that’s loaded with metabolism-boosting & heart-healthy essential fats that also fight the aging process, there are still many foods out there that you need to avoid!
We all need to be aware of the foods that are destroying your health, causing weight gain, & accelerated aging.
The Fat Burning Kitchen Your 24-Hour Diet Transformation to Make Your Body a Fat-Burning Machine
This book will show that eating for permanent fat loss and terrible disease prevention does NOT have to the complicated.
The key is choosing the RIGHT foods, and understanding how these foods react with your body. This method is a way for you to automatically attain the right calorie level without the need to EVER count calories again.
Free Bonus: Get the Fat Burning Kitchen with The 23-Day Advanced Nutritional Fat Burning Blueprint value at $34.95… yours for FREE!
In case, you don’t absolutely love “The Fat Burning Kitchen”, you pay nothing! 100% Money Back Guarantee! Simply ask for a refund and you will get it… no questions asked, no hassle and fast!
All we ask is you give it a try and transform your body into a trimmed down, leaner, stronger and more energetic & youthful version of what you see in the mirror.
Pre-Sale Discount! Act FAST before your discount expires…
Yours for ONLY $10… Grab it now here!
After gaining nearly 100lbs while suffering from PCOS, my journey to lose weight has finally ended and my love and appreciation for healthy but delicious food has just begun. This my story on how I lost nearly 90lbs while still completely indulging in life.